Pick Up Appointments
Please review and follow Clark College's procedures for visiting campus. Also be sure to monitor your spam/junk folders in case any email communication is sorted there.
You can still request books, DVDs, CDs, calculators, and more from the library and schedule an appointment to pick them up from campus. Appointments are currently available Monday-Thursday between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Cannell Library.
To submit your pickup request for a book, DVD, CD, or calculator:
- Place a request on any items you would like to check out.
- Monitor your email for a message notifying you when your item is ready for you. Messages from firstname.lastname@example.org are sometimes sorted into spam/junk folders. Library staff will work with you to schedule an appointment.
- After receiving your appointment confirmation, proceed to the Cannell Library.
Laptops & WiFi Hotspots
To request a laptop, please submit the Technology Request Form and library staff will reach out to you as soon as possible to arrange an appointment to pick up a laptop. Laptops must be picked up from campus. Due to high demand, new hotspot requests are being added to a waitlist.
Appointments are for research help, not access to study spaces, computers, or printers.
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., depending on librarian availability:
- Make an appointment at least 30 minutes in advance by calling 971-350-9578 or filling out this online form.
Thursdays and Fridays between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., depending on librarian availability:
- Make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance by calling 971-350-9578 or filling out this online form.
Your appointment is not confirmed until you receive confirmation from a librarian.
Appointments will be scheduled for 30 minutes, but may go longer if the librarian is available.
In-Person and Virtual Information Literacy Instruction
- course name and number
- preference for in-person, synchronous virtual, or asynchronous virtual instruction
- preferred date and time, plus a couple of alternatives (please schedule at least seven days in advance)
- brief information about the assignment and outcomes for the instruction session
Study rooms are not available Fall 2021. All common spaces across campus will be available for students to access. Study rooms are also available at some Fort Vancouver Regional Library locations.
Accessing Library Services Online
How can I access library services online?
You can access a reference librarian at any time using the library's 24/7 chat service.
You can request items through interlibrary loan.
Using your lab account username and password to sign into your library account when prompted, you can access:
I can’t log in to my library account. What should I do?
If you experience issues logging in to your library account from off-campus, check out the Library Account Log-In guide to help you troubleshoot.
You can also contact a reference librarian through our 24/7 chat service for assistance with off campus access to our library services.
Do you have an online version of my textbook?
How can I find eBooks for my class assignments?
How can I find articles for my class assignments?
How can I get help from a librarian?
To contact a reference librarian, please use the 24/7 chat service.
Checking Out and Returning Items
Is the library open?
The Cannell Library is open by appointment only. Remote services are also available for most library services.
Can I still get a library card?
A physical library card is currently not required to borrow library materials because we verify request information by email. However, students may still request and check out items using their Clark College lab account username and password. If you need assistance with these login credentials, please review the Library Account Log-In guide or reach out to a librarian using our 24/7 chat service.
Can I still check out items?
Yes! Available pickup appointment times are listed at the top of the page. Please email email@example.com if you have questions about requesting or pickups.
Can I still get library items if I can't come to campus?
If you are unable to come to campus to pick up your items in-person, the library is able to mail your items to you. To submit a request for library items to be mailed to you:
- Place a request on any item you would like to check out.
- Monitor your students.clark.edu email for a message notifying you when your item is ready for you. Library staff will work with you to mail it out.
Please note that you will need to pay for the postage to mail the item back to us or return it to one of the library return boxes on campus.
How can I check when my items are due?
You can check the due dates for all items you have checked out by logging in to your library account.
Can I keep my items past the due date?
Can I return my items even though the building is closed?
Yes! You may deposit library items in the library return boxes stationed:
- In front of Gaiser Hall (GHL) at the entrance to the Green Lot
- By the entrance to the Cannell Library
- By the entrance to the Columbia Tech Center
These boxes are checked by library staff several times each week.
What can I do if my question isn’t answered here?
If you don’t see the answer to your question here, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help the Clark community!