Who Are We?
The Wordle image below represents some (but not all) of the many diverse behind-the-scenes functions and responsibilities of Technical Services staff at Clark College Libraries. Read about our projects and goals below to get "the whole picture" of how we support library operations and learning at Clark College.
Technical Services Goals
1. Support Clark College Libraries and the Unit's mission, vision and values by providing acquisitions, budget support, cataloging, electronic resources management, serials maintenance, digital and print preservation, systems services and support, including web-based applications
2. Collaborate with Unit colleagues and seek collaboration with other departments on campus in order to support Clark College mission and core themes
3. Improve efficiency and effectiveness of Technical Services through professional development, ongoing assessment of services, innovation and exploration of new technology
In addition to day-to-day operations, we are working on the following long-term projects:
- Migration from current Integrated Library System (Innovative Millennium) to consortially shared, cloud-based Integrated Library System (ExLibris Alma/Primo)
- Implementation of new online resources authentication proxy (OCLC EZ Proxy) to be compliant with the new discovery portion of the Orbis Cascade Alliance Shared Integrated Library System
- Clark Visual Resources Databases migration from ContentDM platform to open source Omeka platform