Clark Libraries News
Clark Libraries will be open regular hours during finals week but will be close for quarter break beginning Thursday, March 19th at 6:00pm. Libraries will reopen Monday, April 6th.Finals Week Hours
Cannell Library: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Closed Friday
iCommons at CTC: Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Closed Friday
Both locations are closed Friday, March 20th through Sunday, April 5th.
- Need to request or renew a book? You can always do so online by logging in to your library account.
- To avoid fines, return borrowed items to outside collection boxes when libraries are closed.
- At Cannell Library, extended loan netbooks must be returned by March 19th at 5:30pm or a late fine will be charged.
Need collaborative space for group study? Cannell Library has you covered! Reserve LIB 204 or LIB 212 to collaborate more effectively – your plans and ideas can now be displayed on a brand new video monitor so that everyone can see, share, and participate. In these rooms, you can design and practice presentations from a networked library computer, as well as from your laptops and tablets. Have a smaller group? You can check out laptops and LED projectors from the circulation desk and use these tools to share ideas and create exceptional group projects. We’ve upgraded our study spaces with new chairs and tables to provide the most comfortable and efficient space to support your academic success!
Image source: “Fair Use Fundamentals” commissioned by ARL for Fair Use Week, see full infographic linked below
Cannell Library now has LED projectors available for all your presentation needs. Project large scale images onto any surface with this powerful tool. This item checks out with several connecting cables, a remote control for easy presentation direction, and a quick start guide to get you started. As you can see in the second image, these projectors support a wide variety of inputs: HDMI, USB cables, SD cards, A/V input, and standard computer cables can all be used as sources for this device.
LED projectors check out for three hours at a time. Be careful with these, because the replacement cost for a lost or broken LED projector is $1000!
Finding e-books that are available at Clark College Libraries in Discover Catalog is very easy.
2. Use search option Clark Libraries in the drop-down menu and then click on Search.
3. On the left of your result lists you will see search filters/facets to refine your results. Under “Refine My Results” select “eBooks”.
4. To read a specific ebook online, click on View It first to see the hyperlink(s) to access this e-book.
5. Click on the hyperlink in the View It tab, in this case “ebrary Academic Complete E-book Collection”
6. To read this book off-campus, you will have to authenticate first with your Clark computer login credentials:
I-Commons @ CTC
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Next up for our Clark Model UN students is the Northwest Model United Nations Conference in Portland … February 13-15, 2015.
Stop by the display on the first floor of Cannell Library … which has books dealing with some of the current issues Clark’s Model UN team will be debating. Titles include:
- Is North Korea a Global Threat?
- Clashing Views in American Foreign Policy
- Demanding Dignity: Young Voices from the Front Lines of the Arab Revolutions
- Opposing Viewpoints: Syria
All books in the display may be checked out. Interested in finding out more? Ask a librarian, in person or by chat, email or phone.
“Northwest Model United Nations (NWMUN) is committed to educating and improving the lives of students by enhancing students’ understanding of the political and institutional workings of the United Nations (UN). Through NWMUN, college students act as delegates to international organizations and debate a range of issues, consistent with the procedures of the UN.” - NW Model United Nations
Thirsty? Bring your water bottle to the library and fill it up at our new water dispenser, located on the 2nd floor of Cannell Library. Simply place your container under the tap and wait – a sensor will detect your presence and fill your container with cold water. Refreshing!